We are having our first Kid Halloween party this year and the girls will be able to invite a few friends over and they can all wear their Halloween costumes and get a little more use out of them! It should be fun. I’m gathering ideas to keep them all busy for the 2 hours they’ll be here along with some recipes. YoCrunch is providing me with some of their Halloween themed products along with some decorations but I’m sure the kids will want more than just yogurt and candy!
Hillshire Farm® sent me a recipe using their Lit’l Smokies® that I think will be a big hit with the kids. I’m just hoping I can make them as good as they look in this picture….
LIT’L SMOKIES® MUMMY DOGS
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 32 Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies®
- 1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Mustard or Ketchup, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll dough, separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 8 strips with a knife or pizza cutter, making a total of 32 strips. Wrap one strip of dough around each sausage stretching dough slightly to look like bandages. Leave tip of sausage exposed to create face. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Draw features with mustard on tip of sausage to create face. Serve with mustard and ketchup, if desired.
I will let you know how they turn out and if they look decent enough, I’ll share a picture.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. Hillshire Farm sent me the information and I decided to share it with my readers.